CAR Vocational Training Program operates in the heart of Santa Rosa with easy access from US-101 and CA State Hwy 12, making its home in a newly renovated facility with state-of-the-art equipment.
Students who apply themselves to the program will discover it offers a wide variety of hands-on experiences designed to pique their curiosity and engage their creativity, even as they learn ways to develop a career path focusing on their particular interests within automobile mechanics, design and rebuilding.
The program’s comprehensive training will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Working on Classic to Current Car Makes and Models
- Body Restoration and Paint (with ASE certification potential)
- Chassis / Drive Train (with ASE certification potential)
- Power Plant: Motor and Transmission (with ASE certification potential)
- Electrical Wiring and Computer Diagnostics (with ASE certification potential)
- Welding and Fabrication
- Interior Restoration and Design
- Work Ethics
- Customer Relations Skills
Depending on the level of interest, focus and aptitude of the participants, some students may qualify and test for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification, highly recognized as an important benchmark within the automobile repair industry.
Beyond the training itself, important real life mentoring lessons will be shared as students attend regularly scheduled field trips, including visits to (and by) prominent members of the hot rod/classic car industry such as Roy Brizio, Jay Leno, Bruce Cohn (B.R. Cohn Winery), Buck Kamphausen of USA World Classics event center and museum, Guanella Auto Body, Rick and Les McLea (McLea’s Tire and Automotive}, and Jerry Alward (Jerry Alward Art & Color) for teaching a class on pinstriping.
On any average day, attendees will work alongside male and female instructors, with a high teacher to student ratio to optimize the results.